So I have been desperately been trying to get my 18-month old daughter to talk. We've been reading to her, we constantly talk to her, and any other thing that mother's and doctor's have suggested. But still she barely says any thing that can be construed as a real word. Don't get me wrong, there are the one words like hey, hi, mama, dada, baba, woof, and oh! But she hasn't developed any two to three word phrases yet. In fact, the only two word phrase she has learned is "oh shit". NOT exactly what I want her to pick up and far as verbal communication is concerned. To make matters worse, her old-fashioned, 80+ year-old great grandmother is down to visit for an entire month and I'm so afraid Aradia will be far to enthusiastic to share her new found phrase to everyone in the house...including her great grandmother!!!!! Oh the plights of motherhood!
Monday, July 5, 2010
Kids Say the Darndest Things!
So I have been desperately been trying to get my 18-month old daughter to talk. We've been reading to her, we constantly talk to her, and any other thing that mother's and doctor's have suggested. But still she barely says any thing that can be construed as a real word. Don't get me wrong, there are the one words like hey, hi, mama, dada, baba, woof, and oh! But she hasn't developed any two to three word phrases yet. In fact, the only two word phrase she has learned is "oh shit". NOT exactly what I want her to pick up and far as verbal communication is concerned. To make matters worse, her old-fashioned, 80+ year-old great grandmother is down to visit for an entire month and I'm so afraid Aradia will be far to enthusiastic to share her new found phrase to everyone in the house...including her great grandmother!!!!! Oh the plights of motherhood!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment